skip to main content
Shadow

April 24, 2017

Fike High School  
Athletic Boosters General Club Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 24th 2017
Submitted By:

Tanji Bass - Recording Secretary

Booster Board Representation: Brian Holder - President, Wayne Pierce - Vice President, Tanji Bass - Secretary, Glenn Jones - Representing as School Assistant AD and Tonya Boyette & Chara Batts - Concessions Chair

Absent was: Mark Holley - Principal, Toni Varacchi - School AD, Sheryl Creech ‐ Treasurer and Alice Pierce ‐Fundraising Co‐Chair

Coaches' Representation: Lee Matthews - Tennis & Glenn Jones ‐ Golf

Parent's Representation: Greg Adkins

Meeting was opened up by Brian and Tanji gave a review of the previous minutes and reported that the
minutes from the last meeting had been saved on the Fike High School's webpage under the Athletic
Boosters link.

Principal and/or Athletic Director Report    
Nothing new to report

Finance Report

  • Sheryl was not present to provide an update; however Wayne reported that he did just co‐sign checks for Fred's, Pepsi and the Soccer Goals.

Fundraising

  • Discount Cards (Next Year)
    • Wayne has new contract prepared and will begin looking for new sponsors for next year in the next month or so.
    • Knows we are losing The Creamery, Amy Jos and Burger Boy from the card and is already planning to get Fiesta Cancun, Great Clips, BWW.
    • A suggestion was made to maybe consider selling them as 1 for $10 or 2 for $15 next year and to also consider charging the staff $5/card instead of giving them free.

Concessions

  • Baseball concession ‐ Chara asked Coach Jones (Assistant AD) how we go about getting these repairs made now that baseball season is finished.
    • Coach Jones said a work order has to be put in.  He said he would check with Coach Varacchi and Mrs. Whitley to get this done.
    • The list of repairs that needed to be made in the baseball concession in order to sell hot food is:
      • Repair flooring
      • Repair/replace lighting
      • Need handwashing sink
  • There was a concern of the number of people (staff and coaches) that have a key to access all the concession stands and not being able to keep track of concession inventory purchased. The concerns were that some of the coaches would go in the concessions at any given time and get a drink or snack and we have no way of monitoring the inventory like that.
    • Brian suggested that we put in a request to change the locks on ALL the concessions & storage room.  UPDATE - Brian said he would speak with Mr. Holley about the locks on the concessions.

Old Business

  • Hall of Fame
    • 8 inductees - Since it is mandatory that the inductees be present, one could not be present this year, but will be on the list for the next Hall of Fame event held.
    • The dates of the Hall of Fame:
      • Friday 10/20/17 - social in the afternoon and then the inductees will be announces that night at the Homecoming Football game
      • Saturday 10/21/17 - the inductees will be honored at the Banquet Supper
    • Conference Champs T‐Shirts
      • Swimming and Girls Tennis has requested Conference Champs T‐shirts.
        • Brian has a lady that goes to his church that is willing to only print the number of shirts needed without having to purchase a large quantity.  Brian will get quotes to Sheryl.  UPDATE ‐ $10/shirt
      • Men and Women's Golf also will need shirts - Coach Jones will get the sizes to Brian.

New Business/Requests
New Business

  • Will be electing new officers at the May meeting and Brian asked for names of anyone that may be interested in filling a position.

Coach/Team Requests

  • Coach Jones - Men's Golf had 6 to make Regionals and will need meal money plus practice round fees. Brian advised Coach Jones to get a request to Sheryl.
  • Wayne Pierce reported that someone from Baseball has approached him about covering the batting cage. Wayne asked could this be something that both baseball and softball could benefit from. Coach Jones advised due to permits and such that would have to be involved and also a Title 9 issue, that this needed to be tabled for now.

Upcoming Events

  • No upcoming events announced

The next meeting will be May 22nd @ 7:00 p.m. for General Membership

Shadow